In the local theatre dozens of fire fighters of Mariupol have gathered – together - those who fight with the fire and rescue people in all kinds of emergencies.
Within the Rescuer’s day of Ukraine there was an exhibition of firefighting equipment and the kids of Pilgrim and other children’s institutions could look at it and touch it. The pilgrims were even allowed to sit at the steering wheel of the firefighting truck and on the firefighting ladder. The kids could also try on the uniform of firefighters and they were delighted to do it.
The emergency service and Republic Pilgrim has been having friendly relationship and cooperation for years. Many times they came to Pilgrim to do lectures how to fight with fire, how to cease fire, to inform and to prevent the emergency.
However, as the mentors point out as well as the rescuers themselves it may take a long time to tell how one can rescue someone’s life and how to prevent a danger that can be found at any step of the road, but such an event when the kids could personally try on the uniform of a rescuer, to feel themselves as firefighters was having a great success.
- April 04, 2019 The former drug addict from Mariupol shares a story of how he was saved twice and saw different life
- March 28, 2019 The second edition of the book about former street kids “Non pedagogical poem” has been...
- March 14, 2019 With a dream but without any papers. A story of life of one of Mariupol “pilgrims”.
- February 25, 2019 The missionary trip of Pastor Gennadiy to Africa has begun
- January 22, 2019 The way from illiterate street kid to the choreographer.